Fan Recipe Contest-Peppered Pork Tenderloin with Cherry Salsa
Congratulations to Tanya J. of Decatur, Georgia for being this week’s fan recipe contest winner! Below is her zesty summer recipe using a peppered pork tenderloin with a cherry salsa. Be sure to submit your recipes next week to email@example.com for a chance to win 20% off your next purchase!
Peppered Pork Tenderloin with Cherry Salsa
Yield: Serves 2
Prep: 45 minutes or less
- 1/2 pound dark sweet cherries, pitted and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped seeded fresh jalapeño chili (wear rubber gloves)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh coriander
- 3/4 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed of excess fat
- 2 tablespoons crushed black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Preheat oven to 425°F.
In a bowl stir together cherries, lime juice, zest, onion, jalapeño, and coriander.
Season pork with salt and press peppercorns into it. In a large heavy skillet heat oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and brown pork on all sides.
Transfer pork to a shallow baking dish and roast in oven until a meat thermometer registers 155°F., about 20 minutes. Transfer pork to a cutting board and let stand 5 to 10 minutes. Slice pork into 1/2-inch-thick medallions and serve with salsa.